Best thing in life is being SIMPLE

When this theme came into my mind... I just could not wait but to share with you all so that we can act faster to be simple and be effective in life. I came across with a new recruit in my organization, who came with many ideas derived from his learning at B'School, Engineering, etc. and started interfering with the normal functioning in one of our functional department. With utter disgust the functional head came to me and narrated the events with me. In view of the seriousness of the situation, I had to call the guy and talk to him.

My approach to call him is not to fire but to correct him; so I just started with him - how he is doing with his new assignments, etc. First he came up with many questions, why is this done this way?.. Why don't we follow things like these?.. etc. etc. ... To be very true, when I actually hear those questions; I was overwhelmed to renew myself along with his questions. We discussed for long with such practices and theories and achieved a comfortable level, finally, to tell him SIMPLIFY those knowledge & learning and make it usable.

With our Academic Learning, we are so very carried away and overlook the main purpose of learning. Many engineers focuses on where is the problem, and I repeatedly seek for the remedy of it. In other words, I tell all my colleagues and associates to be focus on the solution rather than pointing at the problem and being in it. But what I see mainly with educated professionals are - they often tend to complicate rather than making it simple.

If you see the success stories of wining people, you will observe - they mainly focus on simple things. The life of Mahatma Gandhi, if you see the principle of AHINSA (Non-violence) - it is a common principle. He made AHINSA so simple, he embraced in his own life and made other people to experience and made it big. India got Independence through non-violence. Is not the Best Success?... Best Successes are based on simplicity. If you make it simple you win and other do not feel defeated. If you complicate and win; other loses... I would say if you win at the expense of others loss - it is not a good win.

SIMPLICITY = EFFECTIVENESS

When you simplify, it actually reduces stress. When you are in a team, simplification will allow increased participation and yield better result. This will make you to move faster and adapt to changes in a competitive environment.

I will tell you an instance, that one of my vendor who deals in Lubricant came to me one day and explained me problem of mixing different brand of lubricant(Gear Oil) of same specification by explaining me with the chemical composition, etc. But he put up the things in such a complicated way, I could not understand why he kept on telling such things to me. But I wanted to understand the same in a simpler way and inquired with other vendors. Finally, I could get the answer in this way - Every Lubricant has solvents of different kind along with de-foaming agents. When we mix Lubricants of different Brands, there occurs a reaction which causes a basic purpose of lubrication and even de-foaming; thus arising foaming in the lubricant. Due to foaming in the lubricant, when churning these bubbles beat the outer surface of the gear components; thus causing micro pelting and further damaging the internal parts. This simplified information has helped me to take a right decisions in respect to Lubricants and able to protect my equipments from untimely damages.

My approach in bringing this topic is to simplify our acts, decisions, relations, etc. When you simplify with better understanding you can actually move mountain... It actually increases chances of success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GoGoa - Hop on Hop off Sightseeing Bus in Goa

Evaluating Supplier

Is working HARDER, the solution?...